Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cryday Friday :'(

Yes, I know it's not Friday, but I had already done my Friday post, and yesterday I was typing up a guest post for Seana (her name's the link to her blog) that I still haven't finished :P. Sorry, Seana, I'll have it either today or tomorrow, I promise! 
Anyway, you're probably wondering why Friday was a cry day. if you are not wondering, then too bad, because I am going to tell you anyway.
I finished reading Marley and Me.
*Post contains spoilers*
A few years ago, this movie was playing on an airplane. I didn't watch it, but my dad did. And when I looked over at him, my dad was crying.
I can't believe I picked it up out of the library to read in study hall! But I did. I am so stupid.
Anyway, I loved---WHOA!!!!!!!!! STOP!!!!! STOP!!!!!!!!! RANDOM HARRY POTTER QUOTE THAT I DIDN'T THINK I REMEMBERED POPPED INTO MY HEAD!!! "Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love." --Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Sheesh, how did I remember that? I'll have to add it to my sidebar later. And now, back to the post.
As I was saying, before that thought rudely interrupted me, I loved this book. As much as Harry Potter? No. But I still loved it. The problem with reading it during study hall, though, was because I cried so hard when the put Marley to sleep :'(. And then, I cried even harder because it made me think of my 14 year old dog who, thank goodness, is still alive and pretty healthy.
Although this wasn't really supposed to be a book review, I'll tell you a little about it:
John Grogan had the perfect dog as a child. Shaun, the dog, was loyal, obediant, and had every quality you could ever want in a dog. Shaun had set the bar pretty high.
And then came Marley. With paws too big for his body and a knack for getting into trouble, Marley is not exactly the dream dog. He's so much more...
Rating: I'd give this book a 4.5 out of 5. I couldn't give it a 5 because it wasn't really perfect (especially when he talked about going through Marley's poop to get a necklace), but it was really good! I would recommend it to all you dog lovers out there. Even if you aren't a dog lover, I would still recommend it :D.
Before I sign off, I just want to let y'all know that I'm trying to get into the habit of a post at least every other day. I really want to post more, but I'm always forgetting, or I'm too busy :(. So, keep checking my blog for a new post!
~Hermione

2 comments:

  1. That's a sad book? :O Thanks for letting us know. I don't like sad stories. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the movie. I didn't know it was based off of a book. o:

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I always LOVE to hear what my readers have to say, and it would make my day if you would comment! I'm sure you all know what's accepted and what's not, so I'm not going to bug you with a bunch of rules. Pretty much keep it clean, no profanity, and no flaming. Thanks!
Hermione