Friday, October 26, 2012

When It Ends

I get a bit hysterical when I finish reading the last book of a series. The inspiration for this post struck after finish *sniff* The Mother Daughter Book Club series. Oh, I cried...
I do some pretty strange things when an event like this occurs. It's always so painful. Not that this helps the pain--it's really just all of my emotions being let out. And here it goes...
First, I reread the last sentence. Then the first sentence. Then the last again. After that, I clutch the book to my chest and sob. This usually lasts about 20 minutes, then it turns into silent tears, then mere sniffling, making this part last about 30 minutes (Harry Potter was an exception--I swear it was over an hour.)
Next, I begin yelling and demanding the next book (I'm still not quite aware that there isn't one) at whoever has the misfortune of being closest to me. Poor them. Finally, I reread the series, attempt (but usually fail) to face the fact that the series has ended, and wander mindlessly around the neighborhood. The time when that wears off can vary.
Now that you've finished this post, I'm sure you will all experience these symptoms. Good luck keeping them under control.
Au revoir!
~Hermione

2 comments:

  1. After reading it I now want to see the After Library if you know what I'm saying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Lily! I cried at the end too. And now I'm reading P&P. (I started at the beginning of the series)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I always LOVE to hear what my readers have to say, and it would make my day if you would comment! I'm sure you all know what's accepted and what's not, so I'm not going to bug you with a bunch of rules. Pretty much keep it clean, no profanity, and no flaming. Thanks!
Hermione