Saturday, June 2, 2012

Musicals

How many of you guys out there like musicals? How many of you guys out there LOVE musicals? I am SUCH a musical theatre lover! No, I'm not talking High School Musical--I'm talking "My Fair Lady, "Gypsy", and all the Broadways!
Recently, I've fallen in love with "Les Miserables." I'm not sure if that's actually an opera...there's some debate about that. Anyway, you can comment telling me your FAVORITE musical, and I'll also be putting up a poll.
Okay, back to "Les Mis." I saw it at my sister's high school--AMAZING! But my favorite character was Javert. *SPOILER ALERT* DO NOT READ IF YOU WISH TO BE SURPRISED!
Javert is an officer who devotes his whole life to catching the main character, a prison escapee, Jean Valjean. He's spent 19 years chasing after him, when suddenly, Valjean saves his life. In the end, Javert is so confused that he commits suicide. I found that scene to be extremely meaningful.
The boy who played Javert was amazing. He portrayed Javert so well! And what a great singer!
Below is a picture of the cast of "Les Miserables" from when I went to see it. Javert is the guy in the officer's uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I always LOVE to hear what my readers have to say, and it would make my day if you would comment! I'm sure you all know what's accepted and what's not, so I'm not going to bug you with a bunch of rules. Pretty much keep it clean, no profanity, and no flaming. Thanks!
Hermione