Sunday, June 17, 2012

What is Wrong with Kids these Days?

I know, I sound like one of those old guys--you know the type, like "darn you young whippersnappers!", but I'm serious. seriously. Okay, well, I can't do a fully serious post, so here's my semi-serious post.
Okay, so last night I was babysitting for this little girl. She was watching TV and during the commercials we were talking about Disney movies. You know, like the cartoons made by THE Walt Disney, not just some company using his name. Anyway, I went "When I was your age, I loved Winnie the Pooh," which is true; it was my favorite movie (we had it on video). So then she goes "Yeah, I love him"--referring to Pooh--"I watch him almost every day on TV!" 
"Really?" I said. "Winnie the Pooh is on TV?"
"Yeah." So then she picks up the remote and starts flipping through channels and stops on Winnie the Pooh. Or should I say...Winnie the FRAUD!
It was some fake WTP (Winnie the Pooh; I'm tired of writing it) and they were like...detectives or something. I just couldn't believe that this is what little kids think is Disney!
Now, you have to understand that I am a HUGE Walt Disney fan, so this was like a slap in the face to me. Although, I am rethinking my post title...it's not really the kid's fault; it's the fault of those people who take the name of Disney and turn it into something else.
Another thing you have to understand is that I'm totally fine with Disney/Pixar films like Toy Story, Wall-E, you get the idea. But the thing that bugged me about this was that they're taking the creation of Disney and A. A. Milne (the author of WTP) and doing something completely different. Disney's cartoon followed A. A. Milne's story, but this...this was something else.
Well, I'm off to go grumble to myself about all this so until next time!

5 comments:

  1. *grumbles with you* I am a die-heart WTP fan (I even have a stuffed WTP bear! ^_^), so I understand your fury. WTP and other REAL Walt Disney movies should stay the way we all know and love them. Not some fraud, like you said. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, fellow WTP fan, there is something I forgot to add in my post that breaks my heart even now: they replaced Christopher Robin with a girl!

      Delete
    2. Wha...? But it's CHRISTOPHER ROBIN! The one who calls WTP a "silly old bear" all the time and it is very cute! That is tragic. ):

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry I don't keep up with u hermy but that show started a REALY long time ago, and I've already gotten over most of the shock ( I had a permanite frown for at least a week) but even when I was reminder of that dreadful show, my frown is back on

      Delete
    4. I KNOW!!!!!!!! Wait...did you just call me Hermy?
      Seriously, Zozo. Please never call me that again. That's, like, the scariest nickname ever. And you actually know my real name. Poor Hermione Granger. She probably got called Hermy a lot.

      Delete

Hi! I always LOVE to hear what my readers have to say, and it would make my day if you would comment! I'm sure you all know what's accepted and what's not, so I'm not going to bug you with a bunch of rules. Pretty much keep it clean, no profanity, and no flaming. Thanks!
Hermione