Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day

It's that time of barbecues and swimming, and let's not forget that bonus day off of school! Yes, Memorial Day is here again, and we get to relax and kick back with a book and a slice of watermelon.

But why don't we stop and think for a moment about why we have such a sweet deal.

Soldiers fought and fought for our country, so we could live our lives in comfort. Even today, there are soldiers serving our country, serving us. So take a break from the fun--just for a second--and think about not what you're doing, but why you're doing it.

So to all those soldiers who fought--and those who are still fighting--I raise my hand in a salute, and encourage all to do the same. I have nothing more to say but "Thank you".

Have a safe and relaxing Memorial Day weekend.

-Hermione


2 comments:

  1. I so agree! T hanks to all the soldiers who served and continue to serve our country. God bless them all and their loved ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with everything you said.

    Thank you to the ones who gave their lives or gave their time fighting for our country. We wouldn't be where we are today without you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I always LOVE to hear what my readers have to say, and it would make my day if you would comment! I'm sure you all know what's accepted and what's not, so I'm not going to bug you with a bunch of rules. Pretty much keep it clean, no profanity, and no flaming. Thanks!
Hermione