Saturday, May 4, 2013

Opening Night

Well, last night was opening night, and despite a few minor errors, it went really well. Everyone loved it. It flowed smoothly and the cast reacted to holdups well. At one point, the Oompa Loompas were late getting out the boat for one of the scenes. Wonka just stood there and said, "That boat's always late. We should really get it checked out." The audience likes that. Wonka's mic wasn't on for the opening number, but he projected really well, and I could hear him from my spot in the back of the gym.
Curtain call was great. The ensemble got half a standing ovation seeing as there were so many of us, making a good percentage of the audience our friends and family. At the end, though, the director hadn't told us when to go offstage, so we all just kind of stood there in an awkward silence. Every time the applause died down someone in the cast would just start clapping again until the director shooed us offstage :).
All in all, it went really well. Thank you all so much for your support.
-Hermione

5 comments:

Hi! I always LOVE to hear what my readers have to say, and it would make my day if you would comment! I'm sure you all know what's accepted and what's not, so I'm not going to bug you with a bunch of rules. Pretty much keep it clean, no profanity, and no flaming. Thanks!
Hermione