Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Blog-Aversary!!!

Hi everybody! Well, it's been one year since I started Everything Hermione, and what better way to celebrate this day than with a contest!
But before we get to that, I have to thank each and everyone of my followers. Thank you guys so much for helping me to make Everything Hermione what it is today. Even when I don't post for weeks you guys are always there when I come back. And when I go on those excessively long rants to which most would respond by hitting themselves over the head with a baseball bat, you guys comment with your kind words. Your comments always make my day. I would especially like to thank July for being my first ever follower. I was pretty much giving up on blogging before she joined :). Also, special shot-out to Hilda, who has such kind words in her comments for nearly every post. All of you have been incredibly loyal to me and I am lucky to have had you jump on board this past year. Thank you all for joining EH this year, and I now we'll have lots more fun for the years to come.

Now back to the contest :D.

This contest is going to be a writing contest. I will set out a series of several titles. You must pick one to use for your story. Here are the rules:
1) Story length is unlimited. You can have it ten pages or two sentences! Of course, stories of one or two pages are easier to judge and have a better chance of winning!
2) Entries are do by Midnight on March 2nd--no later unless the deadline is extended.
3) Stories can be of any genre.
4) Stories of inappropriate content will not be accepted. If you get them in early enough, then  I will send it back to you and give you the chance to fix it.
5) Depending on the error, points may or may not be taken off. If you typed "you can'tt" instead of "you can't," I wouldn't take off points. But if you typed "that ain't write," instead of "that isn't right," points WOULD be taken off.
6) Please email your entry to hermionegranger2121@gmail.com. While commenting is acceptable, an email is preferred :).
7) Prize is the option of one guest post or, if you're up to the commitment, a weekly slot during the whole month of April!
8) Have fun!

Here are your titles:
-The Attack of the Vicious Birthday-Cake Eating Bunny Slippers
-Revenge of the Birthday Candles
-The Mysterious Present
-Noodles the Clown: The Story of Why you Should Never Become a Birthday Entertainer
-The Great Wrapping Paper War

Have fun with these crazy Birthday-Inspired titles! I can't wait to see what you come up with.
See ya <3!
Hermione


19 comments:

  1. HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY! *wild applause* I love your posts, and though I don't always have time to comment, I always try to read them. Ooh, a contest, eh? I'll see what I can do. These titles have already got the wheels turning. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you're entering! Seana, you are such a great follower. Thank you so much! I hope you continue to enjoy my blog in the next few years!

      Delete
    2. Quick little question....where do I send in my story? (:

      Delete
    3. *Facepalm*. Oh my goodness, I totally forgot to write that! You can send it to hermionegranger2121@gmail.com. So sorry!

      Delete
    4. Sorry it's taking so long to get my entry finished! I've been rather busy, but I'll get to work on it right now. (:

      Delete
    5. No problem. I'm just happy to have your participating :).

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I didn't even know I was your first follower, haha :)
    Haha those titles are funny! I really like the first one :) March second.... alright, I'll also see what I can do, but can you do a few reminder posts because I'm likely to forget....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I'll be doing MANY reminder posts...so glad you like the titles! Happy that you're participating!

      Delete
  3. HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!! :) And thanks so much for your kind words, aww! :D

    OOh, a writing contest! sounds fun. I'll see if I can give it a try. Hard part is to choose which one. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, Hilda! I'm so glad you're going to enter!

      Delete
    2. :) forgot about it until now. Now I have something to look forward to doing. By the way, do I post the story here in the comment area?

      Delete
    3. Oops just saw your email address. i'll send it as soon as I'm done with it. :)

      Delete
    4. Sorry about that. I COMPLETELY forgot about my email address until Seana commented :P.

      Delete
    5. No problem. :D

      I just finished it. I'll send it to you now. :)

      Delete
    6. I got it! Wow, it was great! So creative and sweet!

      Delete
  4. You've been nominated! :D
    http://hildald.blogspot.com/2013/02/another-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I always LOVE to hear what my readers have to say, and it would make my day if you would comment! I'm sure you all know what's accepted and what's not, so I'm not going to bug you with a bunch of rules. Pretty much keep it clean, no profanity, and no flaming. Thanks!
Hermione