Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lights...Camera...Stage Fright!

I get awful stage fright.
I start shaking, I can't breathe, and I think I'm going to barf.
It's the worst feeling ever.
Some days, I can get through it. Today was not one of those days. I was at my piano recital. There is only one other girl besides me whom both plays and sings. Anyway, for one of my pieces, I was singing with this girl (who is really nice), and I totally freaked out during the piece. I could only get a few notes out, and she was really doing most of the singing. I was supposed to sing a solo after that, but I just had to tell my piano/voice instructor I couldn't do it. Now I'm really disappointed :(.
As upsetting as that was, I realize now that it happens to everybody. My dad himself told me that as a boy, he was too afraid to play his clarinet in front of his own grandmother.
So if you ever are performing and get stage fright, just remember: it happens to everyone. Some may say that they don't get stage fright, but it's probably just not the freeze-in-place or want-to-barf kind. You'll be fine! And if you ever need to back out of it, by all means, back out! It's no fun if you feel sick!
Thanks for reading,
Hermione <3

3 comments:

  1. So sorry, but yes, you are right. It happens to everyone. When I was in drama class, my partner told me we should do the act with an accent and I said ok, but I didn't. Gulp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something along the same lines has happened to me, where one person expects you to be doing what they're doing. And you don't. And it doesn't look good :(.Thanks for helping me feel better :).

      Delete
    2. You're very welcome. Nice to know you are not the only one, huh? I feel it too. :)

      Delete

Hi! I always LOVE to hear what my readers have to say, and it would make my day if you would comment! I'm sure you all know what's accepted and what's not, so I'm not going to bug you with a bunch of rules. Pretty much keep it clean, no profanity, and no flaming. Thanks!
Hermione